Job title: Principal Ecologist
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000
Are you an experienced Senior or Principal Ecologist seeking a leadership role? We are collaborating with a specialised environmental assessment firm that is looking for a Principal Ecologist to join their team in Gloucester.
Our client, an established and award-winning consultancy, partners with both public and private sector clients across the UK. They offer high-quality assessments, expert advice, and guidance on various environmental matters, including strategic environmental assessment, green infrastructure planning, habitats regulations assessment, landscape assessment, landscape ecology, and expert witness services.
The Principal Ecologist position offers:
- Salary of £40,000 - £50,000 based on your experience
- Bonus scheme
- A positive and supportive work environment
- A range of benefits, such as flexible working, pension scheme, health insurance and more
- Advacnced training
- Career progression opportunities
As a Principal Ecologist, you will:
- Review ecological reports for technical projects
- Liaise with statutory and non-statutory bodies, such as Natural England, local authorities and wildlife trusts
- Lead and coordinate technical projects
- Line manage a small team of Ecologists
- Offer support and mentoring for junior staff
- Working alongside other senior staff, contribute to business development and prepare bids and tenders
To be eligible for this position, you will need:
- A degree in ecology, biology, zoology or a related field
- Proven experience in ecological consultancy at Senior or Principal level
- Full membership of CIEEM
- A thorough knowledge of UK and EU wildlife legislation, planning policies, licensing requirements and best practice survey techniques
- Experience of undertaking protected species surveys and holding relevant licences
- Experience of using GIS software, such as QGIS or ArcGIS
- Excellent communication, report writing and project management skills
- A full valid UK/EEC driving licence and access to a vehicle
Interested in this or other roles in ecology consultancy? Please contact Lloyd Key via or call . We have many more vacancies available on our website.
Please refer to .
This is a permanent role.
Penguin Recruitment is operating as a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.