Open on location
Our client is a planning, ecological and environmental consultancy established in 1996 in Glasgow. Since then, the firm has grown to employ over 100 motivated professionals across the U.K.
Currently seeking to recruit a Peatland Senior Consultant to join their growing team to help lead technical excellence and business growth. I am keen to hear from applicants with a wide range of backgrounds/specialisms and would welcome applications from experienced senior consultants looking for the next step in their career. The position will ideally be based in the Inverness office although for the right candidate other locations my be considered. There will be a requirement for travel, occasional overnight stays throughout the U.K., and further afield depending on project requirements.
This role is for a Peatland Senior Consultant who will join the clients ecology team. Responsibilities will include planning and allocating work, checking work and oversight of quality of output, management of team performance, training, and general day-to day support. You will also work with our Ecology Director and our other ecologists, based in Scotland and England ensuring technical excellence across the Ecology Team as a whole.
The selected candidate will work within a supportive and driven team focusing on business development, successful project delivery and client satisfaction.
Some travel is involved, for which a company pool car is available and for which a valid driving licence will be required.
The ideal candidate will possess a BSc and/or MSc in Ecology or related discipline and a Membership of a relevant professional body such as the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA) or the Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM).
I am keen to hear from applicants with a wide range of backgrounds/specialisms and a wide range of competencies are considered to be relevant for this role. These may include:
- Peat depth surveys;
- Ditch blocking assessments;
- Water and soil monitoring;
- Water Quality Management Plans;
- Vegetation management and monitoring;
- Herbivore Impact Assessment and monitoring;
- Deer management (as related to peatland management);
- Peatland Habitat Management Plans;
- Peatland Restoration Feasibility Studies and Plans;
- Geographical Information Systems (GIS);
- Environmental Clerk of Works; and
- Excellent communication skills.
Our client is keen to hear how your professional experience can help them to deliver high quality ecology projects and support team growth. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate some or all of the following:
- Excellent understanding of good practice guidance for peatland management and relevant planning processes in both England and Scotland (e.g., SEPA, England Peat Action Plan, NatureScot Peatland Action, IUCN Peatland Code etc.).
- Strong background/specialism in peatland management, monitoring and restoration.
- Strong project management abilities across a range of project types e.g., management plans and monitoring plans.
- Experience working as an Environmental Clerk of Works.
- A successful track record of leading project teams.
- Strong report writing skills and communication with clients and other staff members.
- Experience of line management/ supervision of junior staff.
Some knowledge and experience of ecology and/or forestry would be preferable but not essential.
For more information and a confidential conversation please contact Lyndsey at Global Highland