Position: GIS Fibre Planner
The role will involve helping to maintain the integrity of our ever-growing data set and deploying analytical skills to ensure that it can be used effectively and efficiently to make strategic decisions.
The data will come from all business departments and range from GIS data to CRM and OSS/BSS data.
Core skills required:
- Experience using GIS software such as QGIS, ESRI and IQGeo
- Applying tools and techniques for data analysis and data visualisation
- Presenting analysis to stakeholders clearly and concisely
- Manipulating and linking data sets from a range of systems
- Working on a wide range of projects from data cleaning to GIS analysis
- Standardising, documenting and running business-as-usual data analysis
- Initiating and managing new projects and learning any new skills required
- Demonstrable experience working with large data sets in various formats (database / CSV/ excel)
- Advanced skill level using either MS Excel, PostgreSQL / PostGIS or similar
- Excellent planning, organisational and communication skills
- Standardising, drafting and reviewing as-built fibre network specification and mapping
- Reporting new properties passed by our expanding fibre network
- Maintaining the UPRN dataset (based on OS Address base Plus with GIS Manipulation)
- Providing project audit analysis data as and when requested by funding bodies.